Saturday, May 7, 2022

Nurture

Porter Robinson is one of my favorite artists of all time and he's hosting his music festival, Second Sky, again this October! I went last year and it was amazing. His music helped me all through high school and now through college with his recent album titled "Nurture". His music has a lot of different elements, but I think its easily described as Dance/Electronic. My favorite songs from that album are probably "Musician" and "do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do"! But lately I've been listening to a lot of Pentakill, Avenged Sevenfold, JID, Denzel Curry, and Tyler, the Creator. Its a nice change and I do appreciate and love all kinds of different genres of music :D Yall should drop some music recs if you think we might have similar tastes!

12 comments:

  1. Music lifts our moods and glad Porter Robinson's music helped you all through high school and now is helping through college ^_^

    I don't recognize any of the artists you listed. Often, I discover new music & artists through movies or Youtube videos. Here are three of my recent favorites:

    Death Battle: Wings of Iron
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpUdwJ0H_gg

    Death Battle: Breathless Blades
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIkK9mKOmmM

    Death Battle: Winter Sonata
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG5zbUFZ6Cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one that I've heard is Tyler, the Creator from my daughter she likes the song WUSYANAME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like JID and Tyler the Creator too. Recently I have been listening to a lot of Kali Uchis and Fatboiari. I have been a long-time listener of Fatboiari, ilyTOMMY, and 1nonly. I have a long playlist of songs from them that I continuously listen to: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3AAgQeInjA0muj0XH7iPmC?si=bd71bae535fd426f

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a minute since I listened to Porter Robinson...enjoy Second Sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dance/ Electronic music, I am going to have to listen to Porter Robinson. Right now I am back in my Hamilton phase, I love listening to the soundtrack for Hamilton the American Musical. It is about 2 hours long but definitely bops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never hear of him, but he sounds good! Gotta listen to him later on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's got a lot of energy. Music always seem to find a way to relate to us in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tyler the Creator! Some of my favorite songs are New Magic Wand from the Igor album and Cowboy from the Wolf album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of Porter or Pentakill, but I'll be sure to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are a few of the songs I listened to you can find them on YouTube.
    Kathy Nichole: In Jesus name
    Crowder : In the house
    Needtobreathe: who am I
    Cory Ashbury featuring Gable Price: Homecoming

    ReplyDelete
  11. Porter Robinson is one of my favorites too along with Madeon. I have seen them both live. Porter I saw at Sunset music festival in Tampa many years ago.

    ReplyDelete