Saturday, February 5, 2022

Compression

Due to my background and personal hobbies I am more or less familiar with computer technology. I am comfortable enough to use computers on a daily process, therefore I thought these first few handfuls of sections in "TestOut LabSim" were pretty rudimentary in complexity. However, I have found a few sections to be underlying scopes of computer proficiency knowledge. This time around what I found really intriguing was the varying types of file compressions. These include GIFs, PDFs, JPGs, MP3s, and a few others. I was already aware and somewhat familiar with these but the level of depth in which the program explained these concepts was really fascinating to me, and I never held a curiosity great enough to justify me learning these on my own.

15 comments:

  1. File compression is definitely a useful concept and practice!

    Glad you learned about it from Chapter 1 Online Essentials :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the LabSim course has been very in depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LabSim teaches us a lot about computers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lab Sim is showing me a lot that I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually didn't really know how file compression worked at all, so definitely new information.

    It also helped to at least explain the annoyance that is "buffering."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lab Sims has definitely taught me the little details that is expanding my computer knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have to take IS101 as part of my degree plan, but I am also learning new concepts I have never knew about so it's been good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lab Sim is definitely a great tool in learning digital literacy. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, this was a great lesson to refresh myself up on the different file compressions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lab Sim is awesome. I especially like that you can keep redoing the lab simulations until you understand it fully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think lab sim is really good for interactive learning the topics are presented in a way that is easy for me to understand and engage with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LabSim is so tedious! It only seems to get more and more specific as we go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agreed, I like how in depth the LabSim lessons are. Great information on some topics we already know things about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agreed, LabSim also reminded me of how to take care of the hardware for the type of computer that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Labsim is a nice way to brush up on Microsoft Word. There are things I forgot how to do that help a lot at work!

    ReplyDelete