Monday, March 21, 2022

Curse

(*Mild spoilers) I recently binge-watched all of Jujutsu Kaisen season 1 just in time for the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie to come out. Jujutsu Kaisen is an anime/manga revolving around Yuji Itadori and an organization of "Jujutsu sorcerers" whose purpose is to exorcise "Curses", which are manifestations of Cursed Energy hell-bent on destroying humanity, from the world. Jujutsu sorcerers are able to manipulate their own cursed energies into Curse techniques that are unique to each of them, and allows them to fight against the Curses. The story gets interesting when the main character swallows a cursed artifact that contains part of a curse known as Sukana, or the King of Curses, and it begins to inhabit within Yuji's soul or conscience. I really like this series and might make an effort to read and collect the manga. 9/10 enjoyment!

Jujutsi Kaisen 0 is a prequel to the series, however is on an entirely separate plotline to the series, and showcases Yuta Okkotsu as the main character. The movie focuses on Yuta's induction into the Tokyo Jujutsu high school where he must learn to become a sorcerer in order to combat a Curse that's been haunting him as a child. Things get complicated when antagonists seek to hunt down Yuta in order to abduct his Curse for their own devious plans and use it to destroy all Jujutsu high schools and eventually exterminate all non-sorcerers on the planet. This movie was also really enjoyable for me and I loved seeing some the cast members from the series in their earlier years! 8/10. After watching both of season 1 and the movie, my favorite characters are Hanami and Maki Ze'nin!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the spoiler warning :-) I won't be watching this or any anime but anime fans would appreciate the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to watch this!! I definitely will be watching this soon. I watched an episode in the start of quarantine, but then I got distracted by other animes that I watched liek Fruits Basket and I think Haikyuu was also releasing their new season around that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh...interesting.

    I once knew a Japanese man named Yuta. He was not, however, a sorcerer.

    He made great dumplings, though. He worked out of a tiny place in Nihonbashi...great gyoza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super awesome show, I also binged it a week ago. I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet but I will watch it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting anime, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard of this anime, it seems very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems interesting, I am glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting! Thanks for the small summary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting, Maybe someday I get around to watching some of those shows/anime everyone talks about. Working the night shift, I fall asleep trying to watch anything.

    ReplyDelete