Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Vroom

I want to buy a new car! I don't really have the funds or garage space to support that choice, but its still fun to window shop and fantasize. I currently drive a 2005 Acura RSX, but I want to stick with coupes. Since I'm broke as hell I'd probably opt for some older cars like the early 2000s Scion FR-S, Nissan 350z, Suburu BRZ, or even Mitsubishi FTO. I love driving and while I'm still learning all about the ins and out of cars I still consider them to be a small hobby of mine.

Some day I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle as well. Everyone I've ever talked to about this is in extreme opposition due to how dangerous they can be, which I understand but over the past couple of years I've been adopting a weird sense of brazen fearlessness when it comes to making choices for myself. I mean by all means, I think about motorcycles vs cars as "go faster for cheaper" and I think that is a funny (and albeit ignorant) take on that argument. I've been interested in the Yamaha Bolt and Indian Scout models, but I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself.

12 comments:

  1. It's good to windows shop to keep up one's hope and dreams :-)

    After you saved up enough funds, you can shop for real ^_^

    Motorcycle vs. cars: "Go faster for cheaper", makes sense. The equation in my mind are "Car = metal wrapping flesh, motorcycle = flesh wrapping metal".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until reading this, I had completely forgotten that Scion manufactured anything other than the "box" car...I had forgotten about the FR-S.

    Nice-looking model...fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I also want to learn how to ride a motorcycle despite the known dangers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riding a motorcycle seems so fun, but at the same time I still love the look of the recent Kia Stinger or Audi Sportbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly hate window shopping, I am the person to mess around and buy the $2,000 bag because I sometimes impulse buy. I like to online shop though it keeps my buying to a minimum. When I am in the stores my rule is, if I pick it up and it makes it to the counter it is getting bought. Very bad habit! I do not recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to learn how to ride a motorcycle as well. I just got on one for the first time a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Learning how to ride a motorcycle is on my bucket list too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Motorcycle is cool, I always fantasized about riding a motorcycle in all black leather going really fast along the country road, I thing that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the increasing accidents in Las Vegas, I would stay away from a bike. If you lived in a smaller city I would go for it. Too many bad drivers here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get a Tesla! They save so much money gas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you get your new car. I ride motorcycles too and I feel like you might enjoy doing that when you get the opportunity to do so.

    ReplyDelete